Obscure Genres : Dark Cabaret

Monday, August 10, 2015


Dark Cabaret Music is essentially like Gothic or dark circus and cabaret music. The aesthetic is important to the genre is really is just goth meets Cirque Couture. They say it is inspired by Weimar Era Cabaret, Burlesque and Vaudeville. The idea you wanna go for with dark cabaret is like a poor traveling circus who is out casted and can only get gigs in bad parts of town. The whole goth thing fits right in and you ofttimes find dark cabaret songs talking about grotesque or tragic events. Storytelling is a big part of the music you wanna tell a chilling tale about be able to act it out like theater but dark theater accompanied by music.

There dark cabaret fashion is excellent it's my favorite thing and I try to incorporate Cirque into my daily dress because I'm avid about the circus and goth and dark cabaret I feel right at home with. The dress is goth + circus like I mentioned before. The music you hear circus waltzes, cabaret songs and polka rock type stuff it's never really electronic music it's real classical instruments you would find in a circus or gypsy band. The most popular artist has got to be dresden dolls which are wonderful but I personally think circus contraption is my favorite group. They do a whole live circus show using their songs and the albums are amazing.

 


Top Artists:
Voltaire 
The Tiger Lillies
Vermillion Lies
The Dresden Dolls
Evelyn Evelyn
Beat Circus
Circus Contraption

0 comments:

Post a Comment