Obscure Genres : Gabber

Sunday, August 9, 2015


Gabber Baby! In Europe this isn't so obscure but in the usa it is. It's also known as Rotterdam Techno. So I've loved gabber for a pretty long time since I was a like 13 years old I've listened to this shit. It's basically the heavy metal of electronic music. At that time I listened to alot of punk rock and metal music all goth status but my true passion lies with EDM I'm a raver at heart and it affects me the most out of other kinds of music. Anyways this music is 160-200BPM, uses a distorted bassline with trance, techno and electro riffs or screaming / disturbing vocals. It's the dark side. It's Evil techno lol. It can be happy the more old Skool gabber is fun and bouncy but modern Gabber like angerfist is fast and sinister. If you like heavy bass and insane drops with 200bpm distorted kicks you'll love this too. Some may think it's not creative enough not involved enough but gabber isn't about creative it's about hardcore music and this is the best of it. On a side note there's even a dance to go rough this music it's called hakken. I might talk about dances later

Not to say it isn't possible to be creative. I believe some of the mixes I've done of gabber music are creative. They are structured a certain artistic way and the way I DJed the mixes was influenced by the artistic experience I was trying to conjure up. Here are my gabber mixes:





Top Artists via last.fm give em a listen :)
Angerfist
Neophyte
3 Steps Ahead
DJ Sharpnel
Evil Activities
The Prophet
Helblinde
Endymion

0 comments:

Post a Comment