Obscure Genres : Dungeon

Monday, August 10, 2015


"The Dungeon Sound" is a subgenre of dubstep which is a subgenre of electronic music. Dubstep started in the 90s it's a mix of hip hop style beats  (the step) and deep often wobbly basslines  (the dub). Now the dungeon sound or dungeon sound dubstep or dungeon dubstep or just dungeon is defined as deep dark dubstep very very low bass with dark gritty soundscape and morbid vocals. It's really slow and most of it sounds like just that with deep wobbles mixed in with a deep bass and a slow minimal dubstep beat.

I've been listening to this since soon after I got into dubstep from an indie blog of a London underground dj who invited a guest to make a mix for his blog and then another person also made a mix and these two mixes were dungeon sound and I really liked it so I started researching and got into it and I even have my own 2 hour long dungeon mixtape:




Last.fm doesn't have a listing for top dungeon artists but dubstep forum does so here it is artists like: Kryptic Minds, SP:MC, LX One, J:Kenzo, DJ Madd, Lurka, TMSV, Benton, Icicle, Ben Verse, Sleeper, District, V.I.V.E.K., Antics, Subreachers, Thelem, Triky. This is the forum thread dedicated to this style music right [here]. The original mix I heard the author took it down maybe I can reload it later somewhere but the 2nd mix I heard is [here].



0 comments:

Post a Comment